Tuesday, August 21, 2012

3 Contemporary Icons



The three contemporary icons I have chosen are Proctor and Gamble, Kraft Foods, and Microsoft. Proctor and Gamble manufactures a lot of the products in our home from Charmin toilet paper to Duracell batteries. Kraft Foods manufactures a lot of the foods we have in our home from Jell-O to Stove Top stuffing. And, Microsoft produces important software we use on our computers from Windows to Excel.

I chose these three icons because they represent the popular culture in our lives in three different areas. Proctor and Gamble gives us paper products, detergents, and cleaners to name a few. Kraft gives us macaroni and cheese, barbecue sauce, miracle whip etc. Microsoft gives us computer programs that we most likely use on a daily basis especially if you have your e-mail account through Microsoft Outlook.

These three icons are part of the popular culture that shape my life. If you look around my house, you will see these products everywhere you look. The list of Proctor and Gamble products I use would fill a whole document. Kraft is especially popular in my home because it does not use gluten in certain products such as barbecue sauce and salad dressing. My son-in-law is allergic to gluten so we have to be careful of the products we buy. I would be totally lost without Microsoft's programs especially at work and school.

No comments:

Post a Comment